Sunday, September 12, 2021 @ 6:00 P.M.
Greenfield-Central High School Greenfield, Indiana
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, August 30, 2020
- Each contestant must be a female and at least 16 years of age by the date of the pageant and cannot have had her 20th birthday
as of September 1st.
- Contestants must be unmarried, never have been married, cannot have a child, be pregnant, or be suspended or expelled from school at the time of the Riley Festival Queen Pageant and during the Festival.
- An entrant must be a resident of Hancock County, Indiana, or attend a Hancock County High School for at least one full school year.
- Contestants are required to be present at 4 events; Workshop, Rehearsal, Preliminary Judging and the Pageant. A Parent/Guardian may be requested to attend a brief informational portion of the workshop.
- Contestants will be responsible for their own clothing, which includes interview attire, a formal gown,personal choice outfit, and items for an opening number (typically jeans + sneakers).
- Guidance regarding appropriate dress, make-up, interview format, stage presence, and more will all be provided at the workshop or before using digital media such as email, video, and calls.
- Preliminary judging is closed to the public. Parents/guardians will not be permitted on site until the actual pageant in the evening. Committee members will be available to assist contestants.
- The contestants will be judged on interview, poise, personality, and application forms. Forms need to be typed or printed completely and neatly and submitted via email or through the website.
AFTER THE PAGEANT
- The Queen and her court must be available to participate in key events of the Riley Festival including: Opening Night Ceremony, Children's Parade of Flowers, James Whitcomb Riley Breakfast, Riley Festival
Parade, and the Christmas Parade (when applicable).
- The Queen and her court will be requested to attend all activities during the Riley Festival and events associated with their reign.
- The Queen must be willing to compete in the Indiana State Festivals Association Contest which will be held Nov. 13th, 2021 at Greenfield Central High School. If the Queen does not qualify for the State Pageant,
the next qualified court member (Princess first) will compete.
- To compete in the IN State Festival Association Scholarship Pageant, the Riley Festival Queen must meet all requirements as set by the Indiana State Festival Association pageant rules and regulations.
- The Riley Festival Queen must be accompanied by a Riley Festival Board Member and a female chaperone (typically a mother, grandmother, or the chairperson) to the Indiana State Festival Association Conference.
Application Deadline: Friday, August 27
Workshop: Sunday, September 5th - Noon to 5:00pm
Rehearsal: Thursday, September 9th - 6:00pm to 9:00pm
Preliminaries & Pageant: Sunday, September 12th - 10:00am to 8:00pm
Specific times may be altered depending on the number of contestants and potential restrictions of group sizes. We will do our best to adhere to the schedule above. We reserve the right to perform some functions virtually if necessary. It is certainly our hope and goal to provide all events in person.
Family & Friends may attend the pageant; which is scheduled to begin at 6:00pm.
- Monetary prizes are issued in the following amounts:
- Queen - $1,000
- Princess - $500
- Court Members (3) - $250
- Miss Congeniality (voted on by the contestants) - $150
- Area Businesses support the pageant in many ways in often provide additional prizes.
- Winners will also receive a sash and flowers.
- The Queen and Princess receive a Tiara in a size commensurate with the title.
Hitachi Astemo, LTD (formerly Keihin) is a long time sponsor and supporter of this pageant. Without their generosity this pageant wouldn't be possible. A representative from Astemo will attend the pageant and choose a Personal Choice Winner to be awarded a small monetary prize during the pageant.
** Required Pageant Event *Time may be altered depending on the number of contestants.
Queen application can be downloaded and mailed or emailed into our office. See the addresses above. Keep this cover sheet for your info.