Sunday, September 16, 2018 @ 6:00 P.M.
Greenfield-Central High School Greenfield, Indiana
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, August 31, 2018
RULES AND REGULATIONS SPONSORED BY
- Each contestant must be a female and at least 17 years of age by date of pageant and cannot have had her 20th birthday
as of September 1st.
- Contestants must be unmarried, never have been married, cannot have a child, be pregnant, or be suspended or expelled from school at the time of the Riley Festival Queen Pageant and during the Festival.
- An entrant must be a resident of Hancock County, Indiana, or attend a Hancock County High School for at least one full school year.
- Each contestant will be judged on interview, poise, personality and application forms. Forms need to be typed or printed completely and neatly; mailed, emailed in .pdf format or hand delivered by deadline.
- Contestants must be present at these functions: Workshop, Rehearsals, Preliminary Judging and Pageant.
- We ask that you have your parent(s) or guardian attend the last hour of the day to discuss pageant information and then be part of the pizza party on workshop day. TIME 4:00 PM
- Provide an active email address (could be your parents address); most correspondence will be via email.
- Only contestants and committee members will be allowed at Preliminaries.
- No one, except committee, will be allowed backstage with contestants during preliminaries and pageant.
- Contestants will be responsible for their own clothing, which includes interview attire, formal gown, personal choice outfit and opening number. The Riley Festival or Riley Festival Queen Pageant Committee is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- The Queen and her Court will be expected to attend all activities during the Riley Festival and events associated with their reign.
- The Queen must be available to participate in key events of the Riley Festival: Riley Open House, Opening Night Ceremony, Children’s Parade of Flowers, James Whitcomb Riley Breakfast, Riley Festival Parade and at least 2 of the 3 evenings of the festival. If the queen is not available for these events she will be required to relinquish her crown and all prizes awarded.
- Riley Festival Queen Pageant monetary awards will be as follows: Queen – $1,000; Princess- $500; 3 Court members – $250 each, and Miss Congeniality- $150. Area businesses provide a variety of additional prizes.
- The Queen Pageant winner must be willing to compete in the Indiana State Festivals Association Contest which will be held in January 4 & 5, 2019. If the Queen does not qualify for the State Pageant, the next qualified court member will compete.
- To compete in the IN State Festival Assoc. State Scholarship Pageant, the Riley Festival Queen must meet all requirements as set by the IN State Festival Association pageant rules and regulations. IN State Festival Association rules require that contestants be at least 17 years of age.
- The Riley Festival Queen must be accompanied to the IN State Festival Association Conference by a Riley Festival Board member and a female chaperone (Mother, Grandmother or Chairperson).
- Previous Riley Festival Queens are not eligible to enter this contest.
The calendar of required events for the Riley Festival queen candidates are as follows:
Sunday, September 9
- Workshop** 12:00 – 5:00 PM Greenfield-Central HS
Thursday, September 13
- Rehearsal** 6:00 – 9:00 PM Greenfield-Central HS
Sunday, September 16
- Preliminaries** * 10:00 AM Greenfield-Central HS
- Queen Pageant** 6:00 PM Greenfield-Central HS
** Required Pageant Event *Time may be altered depending on the number of contestants.
Queen application can be downloaded and submitted from our website—Keep this cover sheet for your info