Poets at the Podium
Sunday, October 6, 2019 at the Gazebo from 1 PM to 2 PM
- Contestants must be registered by 12:30 pm on Sunday, October 6th at the Gazebo.
- Only the first 20 to register will be entered in the contest.
- Poems are to be family-friendly.
- No line limit – each contestant will be allowed five (5) minutes, this includes set-up time.
- One performance prop will be allowed, This includes music, prop or costumes.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 poets.
- Festival judges will preside.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS:
Written Poetry Contest:
Theme: “THE OLD SWIMMIN’-HOLE”
ADULT – HIGH SCHOOL: 1ST – $50.00 2ND – $25.00 3RD – $15.00
GRADES – 6, 7, 8: 1ST – $25.00 2ND – $15.00 3RD – $10.00
GRADES – 3, 4, 5: 1ST – $25.00 2ND – $15.00 3RD – $10.00
- Any form – limit of one 8 1/2 by 11 paper front side only.
- Entries must be original, unpublished works of the contestant, using the theme. No limit on submissions, only one prize awarded to each poet.
- Poems must be typed or neatly hand printed.
- Send original poem with the name, address, telephone number, category and grade level of the poet.
- Poems may be mailed, hand delivered or submitted via e-mail.
- Winners will be announced. Winners may asked to read their winning poems.
- Copyright remains with the author. Winning poems will be kept as history of the Riley Festival. Publishing first rights granted to media.
- DEADLINE; SEPTEMBER 6, 2019
- Send poems to Riley Festival, 312 E. Main Street, Ste. C, Greenfield, IN 46140 or email at email@example.com.
Poetry Open Mic Nights:
Thursday and Saturday from 5 PM to 7 PM at the Hancock County Arts & Council Building, 20 N. State Street, Greenfield
- No prizes or judging of this event
- No sign up needed
- Sign in upon entering,
- Poems will be presented according to when they sign in.
Poetry Jam & Slam – Over 21:
Jam – Friday 7 PM to 10 PM “All Things Riley” in Griggsby’s Station
Slam – Saturday 6 PM to 10 PM – Riley Festival Poetry Slam Invitational” in Griggsby’s Station.
Prize money will be awarded. See: Riley Festival website www.rileyfestival.com or Griggsby’s Station website for more details www.griggsbysstation.com
Poetry Slam – Under 21:
Friday, October 4th, from 5 pm to 8 pm at the Hancock County Arts Y Council Building, 20 N. State Street, Greenfield.
Prize money will be awarded.
For more information please call the Riley Festival Office, 317-462-2141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website: www.rileyfestival.com