Court House Annex
111 American Legion Place,
Greenfield, IN 46140
The competition will be in the following:
Division: Children, (12 and under), Intermediate, (13-17), Adult and Professional
Category: Listed on Entry Form
Type: Natural Color Images ——– Black & White or Toned/ Sepia
Photography Chairman: Sue Berard Phone – 317-462-9681 (Call to volunteer at the exhibit during the festival)
Entry Drop-off: – Wed. October 4, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Entry Release: – Sunday, Oct. 8, 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Display Hours: Thursday, Oct 5, 5-9 p.m., Fri. & Sat. Oct. 6& 7, 9:00a.m.-9:00 p.m., Sun. Oct 8, 11:00a.m.-3:30p.m.
READ ALL RULES THOROUGHLY BEFORE ENTERING PHOTOS
- This is primarily an amateur /hobbiest photography contest. For this contest a professional is defined as anyone who profits from their photography in any way other than photography contests. Professional entries will be judged separately from amateur. To enter the Bicenniental Family Photo exhibit, see separate rules & entry form.
- All photographs entered must be the work of the exhibitor.
- Entry form must be completely filled out and submitted with photo entries.
- Photos previously entered in the Riley Festival Photography Contest will not be accepted.
- All age divisions limited to four contest entries. No fees charged to enter the contest.
- MOUNTING — Overall presentation is taken into consideration during judging. Photographs must be permanently mounted on mat board or stiff backing material. Photos having front matting are preferred; no framed photos will be accepted. Photos are not required to have hangers on the back. Computer printed images must be printed on photo quality paper. No plain paper images will be accepted. Only one photo per mounting.
- SIZE OF PHOTOGRAPHS – Adult, Professional and Intermediate divisions minimum size 8”x 10”. Minimum size for Children – snapshots 4”x 6”. Width of photo with mounting may not exceed 24”.
- HOLLENBAUGH MEMORIAL ENTRY — The theme for the Hollenbaugh Award is SIGNS. Signs may be humerous, clever, out of place, a personal message for one or a message for all to see. Any type of sign historic, directional, advertising, handmade may be used in the photo. The entrant must attend a Hancock County Corp. school. The winner receives a gift certificate or cash prize and their school receives a grant for youth photography education from the Philip R. Hollenbaugh Memorial Fund. This entry has no entry fee and is in addition to the division limit of four entries.
- CREATIVE/EXPERIMENTAL CATEGORY – A category for photos that are digitally manipulated or photo shopped. All original photographic images appearing in the photo entry must be attached to the back of the photo (size 4×6). This category does not apply to photographic techniques contained within a camera’s abilities (i.e. a manual shutter release used at night to capture fireworks or moving traffic).
- IDENTIFICATION – Name, address, phone number, division, category and type must be on the back of the photo entries. Location of print is encouraged.
- PHOTO DROP-OFF- – Entries must be delivered to Court House Annex, Wednesday, Oct. 4, 2017 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. NO LATE ENTRIES will be accepted for judging.
- RELEASE TIME — Sunday, October 8, from 3:30-4:30 p.m. NO early releases. Photographs not picked up will be kept for 30 days in the Riley Festival Office (462-2141). Call for pick up appointment. Photos will be discarded after 30 days. All entries are exhibited at your own risk. All possible care will be taken to safeguard the exhibits, but no responsibility will be assumed by the Riley Festival for any loss or damage in transit or while in our possession.
- THE RILEY FESTIVAL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT PRINTS THEY DEEM TO BE IN POOR TASTE, OR TO REMOVE AFTER HUNG, IF PUBLIC COMPLAINTS ARISE.