PEACH BAKING CONTEST
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2017
Tuttle’s Orchard and The Hancock County Extension Homemakers
RULES AND CRITERIA FOR JUDGING:
- This contest is open to Hancock County residents or any member of Hancock County Extension Homemakers.
- The product must be made by the individual entering the exhibit.
- All entries must be accompanied by the recipe, which must be typed or legibly printed. All recipes will become the property of the Hancock County Extension Homemakers.
- Each entry must contain some type of peach in the baked part of the product, giving it a well balanced characteristic and flavor. Fillings that are baked with the product will be considered as part of the baked product.
- Only one entry per class per person.
- The classes for entry are:
- Six cookies or dessert bars
- One cake or 6 cupcakes.
- One pie, tart or cobbler
- Quick breads: one loaf, 6 muffins, biscuits, scones, etc.
- Yeast Breads: one loaf, one tea ring, etc, or 6 rolls (dinner or sweet)
- Other Baker Goods, Cheese cakes are allowed, but they must be refrigerated and brought to the contest in a cooler/insulated container
- Judges will consider the appearance of the product, including uniform color, even shape, pleasant eye appeal and the internal texture.. The flavor should not overwhelm the product.
- Any baked products with cream cheese, sour cream, or whipped cream in an unbaked filling, frosting, or glaze must be refrigerated following preparation and brought to the contest in a cooler/insulated container. Products may not use unpasteurized dairy products or uncooked eggs or egg whites (eggs that are pasteurized or brought to a temperature of 160o may be used.)
- All entries may be exhibited on a disposable plate or cardboard. A regular baking pan or serving dish may be used. However, the return of the container is not the responsibility of the Hancock County Extension Homemakers or the Riley Festival. Containers should be taken at the close of the contest session or their return cannot be guaranteed.
- All entries will be released at the close of judging.
- Blue, red or white placing will be awarded according to the quality of the entry. No prize money will be given for these placing ribbons.
- Prize money will be awarded as follows: each category champion will receive $25 and qualify for the Grand Champion award. The Grand Champion Award is $50.
- Entries will be accepted on Saturday, September 30, 20117 from 9:00 am to 10:00 am at the Hancock County Extension Office, 802 North Apple Street, Greenfield, Indiana. You may stay for the open judging.
- Open judging will begin at 10:15 am. Placings will be announced as the classes are judged.
The Baker’s Best Contest will be held on September 30, 20117, the Saturday BEFORE Riley Festival, in the Hancock County Extension Office Meeting Room. (See address above.) Photos of the bakers and their products will be exhibited in the Home Arts Display in the Courthouse Annex during Riley Festival.
Hancock County Extension Homemakers
2017 RILEY FESTIVAL BAKER’S BEST MAPLE BAKING CONTEST
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2015
HANCOCK COUNTY EXTENSION OFFICE, 802 N. APPLE STREET,
GREENFIELD, INDIANA 46140
(Bring product and RECIPE to contest)